Superb game! I played this on Chrome and had no problems, but even when I recollect all the ingredients and finally make the soup, there are still 4 red doors that remain locked. Why?
The Spectrum Soup
A virtual museum about Autism
An exploration of some of the ingredients and traits of the ASD - Autism Spectrum Disorder, from the point of view of an Adult Autistic - my point of view of my own autism.
Collect items that represent autistic traits. They all come together in the final room.
A game about Autism (Asperger).
Running the Game
- WEB VERSION WORKS ONLY ON CHROME AND FIREFOX!
- Works perfectly under Windows and Linux.
- Download binaries if you are using other browsers. If you are having trouble with the mouse or sound, download the playable binaries instead of playing on the browser!
- Beware: this is NOT A MOBILE GAME.
- W, A, S, D: Walk
- Hold Shift: Run
- Alt+Enter: Toggle Full-Screen
- E: Action
- F: Continue Dialog
Made in 72 hours, from scratch, by myself, alone, for Ludum Dare 48.
- ALL the art from scratch in Blender.
- Photos from Pexels (all Royalty free, no credit needed), then adjusted and prepared for textures of the 3D models.
- Sounds from freesound, additional sound effects obtained from https://www.zapsplat.com. Main music from https://www.zapsplat.com.
- Game developed in Godot Engine, also from scratch.
- Calling autistic traits "ingredients" and the spectrum as "soup" was an inspiration from the artist Cypopps.
- To make things even better, April is Autism Acceptance Month, so this game matches this month perfectly.
|Platforms||Windows, Linux, HTML5|
|Author||Alfred Reinold Baudisch|
|Made with||Blender, Godot, GIMP, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity|
|Tags||3D, artgame, autism, Black and White, godot, ludum-dare-48, Mental Health, mind-bending, Point & Click, Walking simulator|
|Average session||A few minutes|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I'm autistic and I never saw anything that is able to express what it is so well in such a small amount of time
As an autistic ... this is so well made. I'll definetly consider this as an interactive tool to help those around me understand me a bit better. Can't wait to show other neurodivergent folk this nice little experience.
Now, for the nitty-gritty:
Game ran very smoothly, without complication. The graphics are simple and not overwhelming, yet portray what they should. The 'soup' concept is a good metaphor for the varying compositions of each Autistic's perception and life.
Very well done :D
Thanks a lot for the detailed review and nice feedback! I'm happy to hear, that as an autistic, you also identify with what is shown in the game.
I have Autism, so I'm wondering what this will be like.
I'm the creator of the game and I'm autistic as well, that's why I created the game. I hope you will identify with something in the game :) Let me know what do you think.
its not working and im on chrome :/
Thanks for reporting. Hmm I tested in Chrome both in Linux and Windows and it works. What's your system?
I know that in Firefox it's guaranteed to work.
Or could you instead try to download one of the binaries then? :)
This is amazing, always loved the concept of digital museums/interactive educative applications and you nailed it. Great work!